News Watch – 15/22 June
All you need to know about the past week
- Volkskammer elections in the Lewisham Democratic Republic see a crushing victory of the Socialist Unity Party, which takes 6 out of 7 seats. The remaining seat is won by veteran independent socialist candidate Mike Birbeck. A new seat representing North Sebrenca is won by the SUP, confirming the Party’s popularity.
- Director Schneider criticizes St.Charlie’s “expanionist and Federation-esque policy”, drawing praise from Sandus’s Mr. Soergel and critiques from St.Charlie’s Mssrs. Reinhardt and Mello.
- Richard Garrshire announces he will be scrapping the characteristic Artaghean language due to its complexity and scarce practical value.
- Director Schneider responds harshly to articles published in the Online Burklandi labelling the Observer and St.Charlie as “imperialist”, drawing general support from other micronationalists.
- The State of Sandus completes its first census and awards membership of the Most Honourable Order of Sandus to Jonathan of Austenasia